I’m currently knitting a baby blanket for a family member and her son, and so far I’m very happy with how it’s going.
Knit with leftover yarn from this hat [link], and this is the first two sections (out of five.) I’m currently on pause, because I know I’m going to run out of yarn…and the yarn, as far as I can tell, has been discontinued. I got in at a discount bin, so I’m pretty sure it’s all gone from the store. I looked online, but couldn’t find the yarn at all.
What I did was order some super bulky yarn off Amazon that’s from a different brand, and in a different color. What I plan on doing is making the third section into a striped pattern, so it looks like the color change was intentional, then switch to the second color.
This is based off of this pattern [link]. I ended up changing the border from 14 rows to 6, and I’ve switched the border on the side from seed stitch to garter stitch. I could knit the seed stitch in a long row just fine, but keeping track of it in the side border was difficult. So far, I’m happy with the change, but I think I’ll knit the final border in seed stitch.